I had Sean Hughes of Hughes Roofing Company out of Wrens, GA come do an estimate for me after the "Snowpocalypse" that hit us in February.I chose him because his web site states that he is rated A+ by the BBB (which he is not, he was not even a member, as I found out later).

I gave him $500.00 in good faith as he said he needed it for "supplies" and to start as soon as possible. Now, over 7 weeks later, still no work has been done. He hangs up on me when I call him and his girlfriend cursed me on the phone in our last conversation when I was only trying to give him one last chance to make things right before I bring him to small claims court. He has refused to repair the shed roof that he gave us an estimate for and told me doesn't repair "flat roofs" (but his web site states he does).

This should not matter, as my shed does not have a flat roof. Upon researching the web for other reviews on this company I found a pattern of unprofessional behavior from this company. I also have a co-worker who's mother was treated the same way by this man. She is filing a formal complaint against this company with the Attorney General's office of Consumer Protection as I have.

What ever you do, don't make the same mistake I did.

DO NOT GIVE THIS MAN MONEY UP FRONT!!I hope this review will prevent others from going through what I have been put through by this company.

Had an Experience with Hughes Roofing?

Comments

Your not alone we got taken for $1200.00 for work he assured us he could do.Now he says "If I had known it was going to be this hard I would not have taken the job".

Mr Hughes is very unprofessional, does not answer phone, does not show as scheduled, no courtesy call, makes excuses for everything, absolutely NO INTEGRITY!!!

This has been going on since Feb.7, 2014.

to Kat Augusta, Georgia, United States #817862

Kat

We're have had the same dealing with Sean Hughes.We are currently out $4500 to date of down payments with no services rendered and a garage roof with out shingles that he removed by himself that is exposed to the weather.

It seems like he has scammed many during the 2014 ice storm and to date local authorities continue to let him get away with it. Strength can come in numbers and I will be glad to testify against him in any court venue to help others. He is a scary individual that has no integrity . New customers stay as far away as possible from Hughes Roofing and Sean Hughes.

His scam is an A rating with BBB but read all the complaints that have been placed.He also uses Angie list reviews to bring in new customers.

to KC Madison, Alabama, United States #827800

I have found not to trust Angies list

to Anonymous #849055

Can't hardly trust the Better Business Bureau either.